If you’re in the market for a new car and want to save money in the process on your car insurance, then read on. More and more insurance companies are competing against each other for you. How? the internet of course. What does this mean for you? Lower Rates. You are now able to shop for the lowest rates because these companies are willing to give it to you. However, not many people shop for insurance like they do when shopping for cars and that’s understandable because some people likes staying with one company and never switch or renew car insurance. I believe that this is a big mistake because the power of the internet is there, why not take advantage of that and save some money?
Next step is looking for the perfect car that can save you a bunch of money on your premiums. Looking for these kind of cars doesn’t mean you have to settle for a less than perfect looking car. If you have cash flowing like water then by all means, buy whatever car you like. However if you like to save money like me, you will find your balance and be able to look for that perfect car with cheap insurance.
Ways to keep insurance cheap:
- Get a car with theft devices. Most cars these days have them on already so you should be able to get a little discount on that.
- Obviously keep your driving record as clean as possible.
- Get a four-door instead of two because a two-door tends to lean more towards the sports car crowd and insurance companies will take that into consideration also.
- Find out if your organization qualify for any discounts. Just ask.
- Check your commute mileage because they will ask you how far you commute to work or school and how often.
Different car insurance companies have their own way of calculating the risk. It can be where you live, your credit score and your driving record and most importantly, what kind of car you drive. Therefore when going out to buy your next car, the number one rule of thumb is not to get the most expensive and high performance car. Keep the balance and get a low profile car but still fun to drive.