We all know what Google Pagerank is but what does it really mean? A website’s reputation and livelihood is depended on it but we still don’t know exactly how to interpret it. What we do know is that Google Pagerank is measured from a scale of 0 to 10, but how it is really measured is still a mystery. Many will say that it is based the amount of content that you have, the number of backlinks to your website, traffic, keyword density, and page authority. However, only Google knows the formula and all we need to know is that the higher rank our site is, the better it is for us. Why better? you may get more traffic as a result, bigger sites will notice you and maybe strike a advertising deal. There is but only benefits when getting a pagerank and that’s all you need to know.
Below is a breakdown of MY interpretation of what those numbers mean from a scale of 0-10.
0 – Your website is unlisted or you have been blacklisted.
1 – Your site is very poor in authority, the good thing about a 1 is that Google notice you.
2. Still poor, but keep working on it and you will be rewarded.
3. Just Average, 90% of sites out there are at a 3.
4. Getting above average, you are well on your way and it’s starting to get hot.
5. Good. Some of your serch terms may be on the first page. Give yourself a nice pat on the back!
6. VERY GOOD! At this point, you’re already established yourself as a top contender and opportunities are starting to show up everywhere.
7. EVEN BETTER! You are one of the top sites now, most companies can only dream of being up here!
8. EXCELLENT. You’re right up there with CNET NEWS.COM!!
9. You think you’re pretty big now huh? well you are, even bigger than MSNBC.COM, you’re right up there with Yahoo.com so sit back and relax now.
10. Only the best and you know who they are.